Monday, April 26, 2010

Guacamole

I have never liked guacamole. As a child the thought of guacamole disgusted me and as I became older as much as I wanted to partake in the creamy avocado goodness, I just did not like it. I am a person who loves full of flavorful dishes. I realized after making guacamole from scratch that I truly did like guacamole, just every other guacamole I had ever had lacked the flavor I love. Guacamole can be modified to suit your taste. I hope that even if you have never liked guacamole that you will try to make it at home, it makes all the difference.

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 Ripe Avocados
  • 1/2 to Whole Fresh Squeezed Lime
  • 1/4 to 1/2 Chopped Onion
  • 1/2 to Whole Chopped Tomato
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
Directions:

Cut avocados in half and remove seed. Scoop out avocado from skin and place in bowl.

Using a fork or potato masher, mash the avocados. Once the avocados have been mashed to your preferred consistency, add the lime juice, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix together.

Add the onion and tomato. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Back to Top