Sunday, May 02, 2010

Coffee Ice Cream


Ice cream is dangerous in our house, it disappears very quickly. I will not say who is guilty but I will say Russell is not always the culprit...

Coffee by no means is my favorite drink of choice. I usually get my once-a-year coffee fix on a cold wintery day. Coffee ice cream on the other hand, I could eat it everyday! One of our wedding presents to ourselves was an ice cream maker, Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, which we love! With summer quickly approaching here in El Paso, there is no better way to cool off than with some yummy ice cream.

This recipe is from the ice cream recipe book that came with our Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. If you would prefer vanilla ice cream just omit the instant espresso powder and increase vanilla extract to 1 1/2 tablespoons.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/8 cups of sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
  • 3 cups heavy cream
  • 3-5 tablespoons instant espresso powder (I used 4 tablespoons)
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I only used 1/2 teaspoon but you can use more, if making vanilla ice cream use 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract)
Directions:

Using a hand mixer on low speed combine milk, sugar, and instant espresso powder until the sugar is dissolved. It will take about 1-2 minutes.

Stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.

Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow ice cream maker instructions.

Enjoy!

Source: Cuisinart Recipe Booklet that came with our Cuisinart Ice-Cream Maker ICE-30 BC Series
Back to Top