Monday, September 06, 2010

Warm Greek Pasta Salad

I have been looking for a simple yet delicious pasta salad recipe. When I called my sister one day to ask her if she had made anything delicious lately and she mentioned this pasta salad recipe, I could not wait to try it! I knew it would be a great dish as all the recipe ideas I get from my sister are always so yummy! This is such a simple dish that can easily be made after a long busy day. This dish is so versatile, it can be served as a side dish or accompanied with chicken as a main dish. I will definitely be making this again!

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of crushed or diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of marinated artichoke hearts, cut into bite-size pieces with liquid set aside
  • 1 can black olives
  • 1 1/2 cups feta cheese
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 12 oz box of tri-color rotini pasta (or pasta of your choice)
  • Italian Spices
Directions:

While pasta is boiling, saute diced onion in olive oil.

Add olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, italian spices, and about three-fourths of the feta cheese to the sautéed onion. Let simmer until pasta is ready.

If sauce is too thick add reserved liquid from artichoke hearts, if too thin add more feta cheese. (I used all of the feta cheese and all of the reserved liquid, but I like a lot of sauce.)

Once pasta is done, toss with sauce.

If you would like to add chicken to your pasta, I used the chicken recipe from Annie’s Eats: Chicken Gyros

Warm Greek Pasta Salad Recipe adapted from:
All Recipes: Greek Pasta
Back to Top