Sunday, October 03, 2010

Easy Cinnamon Rolls

Russell and I are moving across the country next week. We are very excited! :) As a result, I am attempting to use up as much stuff in our refrigerator and freezer as I can before we move so I won’t have to throw away as much food. I had a bag of frozen biscuits in our freezer; we could have had biscuits for breakfast one morning, but what fun is that? I began my search of breakfast recipes that included frozen biscuits and I found a wonderful recipe for easy cinnamon rolls that was perfect! These were so simple yet so scrumptious on a fall Saturday morning.

Ingredients:

Cinnamon Rolls:
  • One package frozen Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits, 12 count
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (I omitted because I am allergic)
Icing:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch square or round dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Place chopped pecans on a cookie sheet and place in oven about 5 to 8 minutes, until toasted.

Arrange frozen biscuits, with sides touching, in 3 rows of 4 biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Let stand for 30 to 45 minutes or until biscuits are thawed but still cool to the touch.

Sprinkle thawed biscuits lightly with flour. Press biscuit edges together, and pat to form a 10 x 12 rectangle of dough. Spread with softened butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle pecans over brown sugar mixture.

Roll-up, starting at one long end; cut into 12 (about 1 inch thick) slices. Place rolls into lightly greased 9 inch round or square dish.

Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 30-35 minutes or until center of rolls are golden brown and done.

For icing: Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk; drizzle over rolls and enjoy!

Back to Top