Monday, November 29, 2010

Pumpkin Blondies

I have had this recipe saved for a long time but just recently got around to making it. My sister told me just how delicious these were, but knowing my own love for sweets, I needed to create an opportunity to share them or risk Russell and I having too many! When I started to plan the baked gift packages I sent a few weeks ago, I knew I had to include this tasty treat. These are absolutely delicious and are great for any occasion.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ¾ tsp. salt
  • 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • ½ cup chopped, toasted nuts (I omitted)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Stir together and set aside.

In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugars using a hand mixer on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and egg until well combined. Mix in the pumpkin puree. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips with a rubber spatula.

Spread the batter evenly into the lined baking dish. Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with few crumbs, approximately 35-40 minutes.

Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.

To easily serve, lift the cake from the pan and remove the parchment paper or foil. Cut into 24 squares. Enjoy!

Source: Annie’s Eats: Pumpkin Blondies, originally adapted from Martha Stewart
Back to Top